MacSpeech burned my LCD anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by esquire360, Jun 14, 2008.

1. esquire360 macrumors regular

I use MacSpeech it's a good program, I leave it up and running most of the time and I have a screensaver that comes up after seven minutes Marine aquarium is a good one. I notice a few days ago I moved the available commands window and to my surprise the alternating lines of the command window can now be seen on my Dell monitor.

it is there when I go to screensaver I have restarted the computer and trying other things, do you think I have any recourse? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
    CB three

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Burning a screen can not be caused by software it is entirely a hardware issue. It is pretty hard to burn an LCD, try turning the monitor off for a few hours.

3. esquire360 thread starter macrumors regular

if an image sit on the screen on old crts it would burn in... I hve turned them off, I'm looking at monitor 2 and i see the alternating lines. I'm a comp tech so I have run through tests, Im going to hook up a aux video feed to see if it shows up then.

I ran mirror mode and it is still there on the one monitor only

4. esquire360 thread starter macrumors regular

5. esquire360 thread starter macrumors regular

I just did a screen capture of the area and it is free of lines.

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Which was my point. It is entirely a hardware problem. It has absolutely nothing to do with the type of software you are running. All that is required is a static image to be displayed.

7. esquire360 thread starter macrumors regular

ok, from my perspective the software cause the burn in, But i c your point, The lame part is iHate that window and wanted to kill it from ever coming up, now its tweeked my monitor, I think i'm still under warrenty, is this covered by dell?

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent