Macspeech nativly or Dragon in VMware Need advice

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MCIowaRulz, Feb 20, 2009.

1. MCIowaRulz macrumors 6502

Hi,
    My question is, I have is I have severe issues with typing and depend and require speech recognition software to write papers and assignments for college. I plan to purchase a Macbook Pro when I transfer from Indian Hills CC to Simpson College. I have read the pro's and cons to each but can't decide on which route to go. On the on the hand I have Dragon 10 already but it only works in Windows
    So, I have been think about getting XP from the school (Computer Info System major) and using Bootcamp but that requires restarting. I then thought about using VM Ware but there is a performance penalty for that. What do you folks recommend? or should I look at Macspeech dictate?
    (Feel free to move if in the wrong forum)

2. BillyJ macrumors newbie

Mac applications

Me too if it's not a sore wrist it's bad typing and spelling. MacSpeech Dictate works with Mac applications directly. I'm not sure how you'd do that with something running on Windows.

3. magentawave macrumors regular

I need some speech recognition software (or voice recognition software) for the mac too. Anybody have any opinions about what works well? I read somewhere else that Mac Dictate sucks but someone else thought it worked great.

Thanks
    Steve