Macswitcher & Webdeveloper question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MYRZ, Feb 26, 2008.

1. MYRZ macrumors member

As a webdeveloper, I have some very specific needs for my Laptop. It needs to run Dreamweaver, for instance. Now it does, I waited a while, and ordered a MBP 15'' 2.4Ghz this afternoon. (Never thought I would be so careless about the fact that I'm broke atm now I ordered, I feel actually pretty exited :))

So, my other specific need is actually it needs to run Internet Explorer. I hate it, I use Firefox for myself, but all the other sad 90+% of the surfers out there don't, so I do need it as part of my webdevelopment toolbox.

Any idea's how to tackle this in the best way?

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I run dreamweaver & flash on the MBP i have at present (see sig) and have no
    probs .To test IE i just run XP via bootcamp & fusion

3. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

You'll be able to run IE via Boot Camp or a virtualization program such as Parallels of VMWare Fusion.

Congrats on making the switch.

4. tmoney468 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. I usually just Remote into my Windows PC or use Parallels to use IE 6.

I tried using Crossover to install IE6 and run it natively on the Mac, but it was really buggy and never worked properly. I think they've updated to a newer version, but I haven't tried it yet.

5. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Bootcamp

Fusion

Parallels <~~ my method

Bootcamp + Fusion

Bootcamp + Parallels

Your choice....

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Develop staggeringly beautiful web apps that not only work exclusively in Safari and Firefox but crash IE upon load. Problem solved.

7. MYRZ thread starter macrumors member

LOL, would love to convince 'the big audience' to switch to Firefox in a way like this.. :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your advices! I think i'll use VM Fusion, not sure yet...