MacTheRipper & Handbrake combo still the way to go?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kevster89, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Kevster89 macrumors regular

Kevster89

I currently use Mac The Ripper to rip DVDs onto my harddrive and then, from there, proceed to use Handbrake to compress the version to around 1GB, give or take.

For those that also rip movies, is this the same route you take? I discovered these free applications a long time ago so there may now be better software to rip (like MTR) and then compress (like H.B.) movies from a DVD. Does this "path" of importing movies to my computer seem good, depending on whether or not new applications have been introduced into the market?

Any comments/feedback are welcome and greatly appreciated!

Kevin :apple:

2. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

I'm also curious about this - any answers? =)

3. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

I use RipIt to get the dvd onto the HD and then use either Handbrake or DVD remaster. I like remaster but it is not free.

But that is a good way to go. We have hundreds of dvds at home and I am slowly making my way through them. I am at over 300 at the moment.

4. NQK macrumors member

NQK

Handbreak will rip it too, so I got rid of MTR.

5. baseballfanky macrumors newbie

Handbrake has audio deficiencies. I have ripped several using handbrake and the audio is barely acceptable when played through my ipod. No way to adjust audio either...Im still looking for a better solution.