MacTheRipper help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bmoney017, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Bmoney017 macrumors member

Hey,
    I am new with using MacTheRipper and I have been trying to back up my dvds on my harddrive. I have been able to rip them no problem, however there are multiple VOB files. My only questions are, is it possible to rip the dvd into one vob file? and if so is there a way to skip the title screen, but have the main feature (I know how to rip specific titles or parts of the movie, but can i select multiple sections/titles?). If there is no way to make a single VOB file, is there anyway to play the several VOB files in a row with out having to leave VLC, and open each file (so i can watch the movie with out skipping any parts and having to leave the program)?

I have tried searching in several places, and also not just this site. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

mactheripper just rips and decrypts the video_ts folder off a dvd so you can burn it to a dvd using toast for a disc backup. the vob and other files are just what a dvd player uses to read mpeg2 video and vlc is able to open them.

if you want to convert a dvd into a single movie file that can be watched in quicktime or vlc then just use handbrake. you can use handbrake to make heavily compressed mp4, mkv, avi or ogm files. it takes a while because its converting the dvd to another movie format. i suggest using mp4 wit the AVC/H264 codec with an average bitrate of 2400kbps. same quality as the dvd but a bit more than 1/2 the size! it takes a while so if your computer isnt very powerful then just use the normal mpeg-4 codec. experiment with handbrake for a while to get results that suit you.

3. mrfrosty macrumors 6502

If you go to mode and rip title only you will get a single VOB