Mactheripper help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rye9, Sep 29, 2007.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I'd like to insert a few Family Guy DVD's to put episodes on my iPod nano, and I downloaded Mactheripper today and I'd like to know what I'm doing before I use it. Should I just stick the DVD in and go or should I adjust anything, such as "de-macrovision", UOP's, and RCE's? I ask because I honestly don't know any of those three terms :rolleyes:

2. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Today I inserted the DVD and ripped just the first episode.. came to about 239 MB... then put the VOB file into iSquint and took 9 minutes to convert... but the finished file was only 4 and a half minutes long.. and it seemed to maybe be the first "scene" before it would go to a commerical break. Where did I go wrong?

3. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

you really need to be in these forums if you have mtr questions

http://www.ripdifferent.com/phpbb2/index.php

you don't need to adjust anything unless the disc rce is detected in which case you need to set the region to 1 otherwise leave it clear... you might want to check disable dvd uop's as this will let you access the title menu and skip through warnings and previews without that annoying hand popping up telling you that you can't. handbrake is a better tool to use in combination with mtr for converting dvd's to put on your ipod and handbrake should enable you to extract individual episodes.

also you want to read all stickies in this forum and search extensively to see if any of your questions are already answered as many people in this forum are very snappy at people who ask common questions

4. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

I don't think my question is that common considering I'm not asking how to rip a single episode. There's a menu that lates you choose what you wish to download... and I did. My question was what do I have to do to convert the entire episode to iPod format once it's ripped. I dragged the file into iSquint and it went like I said, but the output was only 4 minutes long as opposed to 22.

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I I were you, I would use Handbrake to rip to iPod format in a one step process. I only use Mactheripper on DVDs with tough copy protection that Handbrake can't handle (by the way, although what I'm doing is technically illegal, ie. totally illegal, I have never ripped a DVD I didn't own - I have two kids under the age of six and I had to buy their favourite Wiggles DVD a couple of times because it became unplayable.)

6. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat