MacTheRipper MTR Bad Sector Error. WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YoNadz, Oct 23, 2009.

1. YoNadz macrumors regular

Most of the time MTR does a fantastic job ripping my DVD's to my hard drive. For some reason though, every once in a while I get this stupid "THIS VOB INDICATES THAT IT WAS MASTERED WITH DILIBERATE BAD SECTORS" where it either asks me to PAD VOB or DELETE VOB. This happened today on Transformers 2, and a few weeks ago on Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3.

I have tried to PAD VOB but it makes the disk skip around chapter to chapter on playback. Do you guys know a way to successfully rip these dvd's? I tried to update MTR, but can't find a UPDATE button anywhere in the program.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!:cool:

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I get very mixed results with MacTheRipper. Whenever I get the "deliberate bad sectors" error the rip never works no matter which option I choose.

I have much more consistent results with RipIt. It's not free but I've gotten my money's worth.

3. stuarthatto macrumors regular

4. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

5. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

anyone know where I can get MTR 3.0?? I don't mind paying!!

6. boofookie macrumors newbie

Mac dvd ripping and burning

Can someone please help me. I am a new mac owner and I have having problems with the whole burning of dvds. I also have "mac the ripper" and have the same problem with the whole bad sector issue. But my quesiton is once you have ripped the dvd, what software do you use to burn it? I bought a dvd copier but it won't play on anything once I've copied it. I am so lost and I want to scream! There seems to be to many things out there and nothing is quite clear on instructions. Please help!

7. stuarthatto macrumors regular