Mactheripper output

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NPG74, Feb 1, 2009.

1. NPG74 macrumors newbie

I used mactheripper to encrypt a movie and the result ended up on my hard drive. So far so good(I do not want to burn a new DVD, only view the movie from my hard drive). The result was not .vob files in a VIDEO_TS folder but 3 files; 1 MPEG2 for video, 1 AC3 for sound and 1 SPC for sub. How can i se this movie from my hard drive? (can only open sound and video separate)

//Philip

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Start DVD Player without a DVD in the DVD drive.

Under the File menu, select "Open DVD Media...", then navigate to the Video_TS folder that you want to play. Press CHOOSE. Then press the play button on the control.

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Those results are quite puzzling as I have never had the experience of getting any filetypes like that from MTR output so need some more info to try to check it out. Are you using the old freeware version of MTR (v2.6.6) or the current 3.0 v14m? What mode did you use when you tried to rip the movie that led to those results (as it sure would seem that it wasn't Full Disk Extraction or Main Feature Extraction)?

EDIT: Were those 3 files you mentioned within a VIDEO_TS folder? I didn't think so from your OP, but sushi got me thinking of that.

4. NPG74 thread starter macrumors newbie

v2.6.6
    Title only extencion (Title1 MF), Under streams I chose the streams i wanted
    the 3 files was outside VIDEO_TS folder

I guess the streams are the reason, but I thaugt it was possible to tailor make the extraction and still get regular VOBs in VIDEO_TS folder.

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Okay, now I see what you did.

Just tried with a DVD and it looks like you get a m2v file for the video stream and AC3 for each audio stream. The files are placed inside the DVD folder but not inside the Video_TS folder.

If you do a Title Only Extraction and don't select streams, then you get the normal VOB files inside the Video_TS folder.

Hope this helps.