Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Corbin3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Last week I rented a movie but didn't have time to watch it...I ripped it using MacTheRipper but when it was done the file never popped up on my desktop.

The problem was that it took up about 8 GBs of my Mini's 60. I've searched and searched my HD and my external HD and used Spotlight to try to find it to no avail.

I really don't want to do a reinstall of the OS just to get my 8 Gigs back...Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Last week I rented a movie but didn't have time to watch it...I ripped it using MacTheRipper but when it was done the file never popped up on my desktop.

The problem was that it took up about 8 GBs of my Mini's 60. I've searched and searched my HD and my external HD and used Spotlight to try to find it to no avail.

I really don't want to do a reinstall of the OS just to get my 8 Gigs back...Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Don't be ridiculous, you won't need to reinstall OS X, just do a Spotlight search for "VIDEO_TS". It's probably currently residing in your home directory.

Corbin3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
I searched for vob files and VIDEO_TS files and had no luck...

I'm gonna give Whatsize a try.

Corbin3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
I can't believe I didn't know about Whatsize..

I found the movie and also found an old Will & Grace season that I downloaded for my girlfriend. Just got back 12 of my 60 Gigs with this app.
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.