MacTheRipper/ PSPware for Mac help- I am completely baffled!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Apple-Elppa, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Apple-Elppa macrumors newbie

Apple-Elppa

Hello,
    Just recently I downloaded MacTheRipper & bought PSPware for Mac. I've got a PSP and a lot of DVDs, and instead of buying them all over again on UMD (what fun) I decided to rip them onto my computer and put them onto my PSP.
    Those of you familiar with MacTheRipper know that when it rips a DVD onto your computer, it slices it up into 6 segments (I don't know why, I'm sure that there is a good reason.) So, after MacTheRipper was done, erm, ripping, I opened PSPware and dragged the video files that MacTheRipper had just ripped into PSPware. I came back 20 minutes later to find that PSPware was done converting, so I (using the player built into PSPware) skimmed through the first segment of the movie. It looked fine, sounded fine, etc. I went on to the second segment- it was in SPANISH! I checked the 3rd-6th segments, and they were all in english!! I think this is really weird, and when I download the segments onto my PSP the same problem occurred. I'm willing to bet that the problem is with MacTheRipper, can you guys help? I would really appreciate it.

Apple-Elppa

2. unknown.exe macrumors member

unknown.exe

HAHAHAHAHA that's funny. But you just need to rip the movie again. If the same problem occurs, then you're gunna need to learn spanish amigo!:apple:

3. Apple-Elppa thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple-Elppa

I tried ripping it again, and ripping another movie. No dice. (By the way, I have tried learning Spanish... I failed 3 classes. Foreign languages are not my forte.)

4. Apple-Elppa thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple-Elppa

I fixed it by using hand brake instead of MacTheRipper. :cool: