Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Once again, the eagerly anticipated long range weather forecast for MWSF from the resident MR weather geek...

Monday 9 Jan: Overcast, light rain late; 55/60

Tuesday 10 Jan: Overcast, showery rain by afternoon; 52/58

Wednesday 11 Jan: Partly cloudy; 48/55

Thursday 12 Jan: Clearing overnight, cooler

Friday 13 Jan: ---

It looks typical January San Francisco weather is on tap this year, but it's early yet. Forecast to be updated every few days.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Hmm so what will be my weather while Steve and Co. has 50- 60 degree weather? Hmmm 20-40 degrees freezing rain or snow:(

All these MWSF threads make me so excited!

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I hope it doesn't sprinkle/rain. I hate rainy weather. I dont' even know hwere to park for the conference?!

But I'ma be there! :D (Just not for the actual keynote since I dont have the $ to go in and see it live :eek:)

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
devilot said:
I hope it doesn't sprinkle/rain. I hate rainy weather. I dont' even know hwere to park for the conference?!

But I'ma be there! :D (Just not for the actual keynote since I dont have the $ to go in and see it live :eek:)

take bart

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
applemacdude said:
take bart
Hmm, the last I checked, the closest station to me is in Fremont a good 30 minute drive anyway then I'd have a pretty long ride up to SF; might as well make the boyfriend drive the two of us directly to SF. ;)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Hmm.... MacWorld Walgett 2006 - has a ring to it don't you think?
picture10fj.png

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The latest model run is much drier. Might take a few more days for the forecast to settle down.

Monday 9 Jan: Mostly clear and breezy; 50/60

Tuesday 10 Jan: Clear and breezy; 45/50

Wednesday 11 Jan: Clear and breezy; 45/50

Thursday 12 Jan: Clear and breezy; 45/50

Friday 13 Jan: Clear; 45/50

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This year's Rose Parade in Pasadena, California will be on Monday January 2. Current weather predictions say it will rain that day, for the first time in 51 years!

It often rains the first week in January, but somehow never on Rose Parade day, which is either January 1st or 2nd. The last time it rained on the parade (other than a few light sprinkles) was in 1955! No wonder so many people move to California each year after watching the parade on TV.

The weather at Macworld is less important, since the events are indoors, but rain is still annoying to those who want to sneak out to see a little of San Francisco while they are there, or for those who drive to and from the conference.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The forecast is starting to look reasonably dry, if breezy and cool. I'd be nice if it held up. We shall see.

A little rain isn't a huge problem and to be expected in San Francisco in January, but I remember a few years ago when it poured down practically the entire week and was windy and cold besides. I came back from that one totally exhausted.

I always stay at a hotel down by the Civic Center and enjoy hoofing it down Market Street, so I do hope for at least a bit of nice weather for the expo.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The long range forecast models are still sticking with the clear and dry but cool and breezy scenario for MacWorld week, with Thursday and Friday looking like the coolest and breeziest days. We might just luck out this year.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
This should be about it. Probably no significant rain for the entire week, but most likely fairly cool with gray skies most of the time.

Monday 9 Jan: Partly cloudy, slight change of light showers; 50/60

Tuesday 10 Jan: Partly cloudy, slight change of light showers; 50/60

Wednesday 11 Jan: Becoming overcast by afternoon, chance of light rain late; 45/55

Thursday 12 Jan: Party cloudy and breezy; 45/55

Friday 13 Jan: Mostly clear and breezy; 45/55

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.