Macworld 2008 Bluray theory (Mac Pro)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by rph105, Jan 9, 2008.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

My theory (more like my dream) is at macworld Steve jobs announces that the new mac pros are indeed bluray compatible from today on upon installing the new 10.5.2 update. :) I can only dream of that mac pro with a bluray drive, o0o and new displays too, 24" anyone?

P.s. Wrote this on my iPod, gotta love it!

2. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

But then why would they release the Mac Pro w/o an internal Blu-Ray drive BTO?

3. cwc123188 macrumors regular

perhaps it's already been built in in the machines to be shipped? lol

I hope so! Because then the price raise would be more reasonable with a blu-ray drive built-in.

4. astrostu macrumors 6502

My 2¢ is that this is just wishful thinking from people. Yes, it may be compatible, but the idea that they're going to offer a new BTO blu-ray option 1 week after releasing this computer is ridiculous. It would cause a huge backlash among those who ordered the computer this week, and it wouldn't follow any normal Apple pattern.

5. newtech macrumors 6502

My take is that Apple's current favored drive OEM, Optiarc ( plain garbage by the way ) does not offer a BD-R drive.

6. akadmon macrumors 68010

Yeah, something like that, except with the following qualification: " Mac Pro (early 2008) or later" :D