macworld 2008 forecast... macbook

caj

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Illinois, United States
what is the percent chance of a real update to the macbook at macworld 2008. I'm talking about aluminum and super slimness in this case.

what is the percent chance of a real update to the macbook pro at macworld 2008. I'm talking about a blackbook pro and even faster in this case.

thanks, caj

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Macbook: nill. You won't see another update until April/May 08

Macbook Pro: Somewhat good. However, I wouldn't count on a 'blackbook' coming out. I also think that even if a new mbp is unveiled at Macworld 08 in January, we won't be able to buy them until sometime in February.

whirlpool

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
those % are not anything to go by... he just made it up as sarcasm

no one can give you a % chance

caj

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Illinois, United States
those % are not anything to go by... he just made it up as sarcasm

no one can give you a % chance
I'm about 75% sure he didn't make those up, haha

but seriously, if you have been reading a lot around these forums, you can actually come up with some speculations as to how likely a macbook pro would come at macworld '08

also, look at some other sites

;)

ab2650

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
I'm about 75% sure he didn't make those up
lol ;)

but seriously, if you have been reading a lot around these forums, you can actually come up with some speculations as to how likely a macbook pro would come at macworld '08
Scientifically you probably could put a percentage on it; I'm sure that's how the "market analysts" do it. I would have rated higher except you called for exact details, like a black MBP (not gonna happen). Faster is just a given.

also, look at some other sites
Now why would you even think about another site! What sacrilege!

caj

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Illinois, United States
Now why would you even think about another site! What sacrilege![/QUOTE]

other sites likes 9to5 mac and think secret which Macrumors pools information from.

how crazy do you think i am ;)

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Macbook: No. I'm going to take a page out of Michael Wilbon's book: ZERO PERCENT.

Macbook Pro 15/17'' to penryn: 30% at MWSF, 100% by March 1.

MB(P) Subnotebook: 2% (Tony Kornheiser says so :eek:)

kamiboy

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
100% chance of a mindblowing new MacBook design that will turn many a head. It might just be wishful thinking though. If we just believe in it strongly enough it will come true, thats what my mother told me and I believe it dagnibbit!