Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

130244-macworld_2011_logo.jpg

Macworld yesterday noted that IDG World Expo has officially opened registration for Macworld Expo 2011, scheduled for January 26th through 29th in San Francisco. Free expo-only passes are available through July 26th, with pre-sale prices going up to $25 after that time. Onsite expo-only passes will be available at the conference for $50.

Packages and pricing for conference sessions at Macworld 2011 will be announced in October.

Apple was an annual participant at Macworld's January conferences for many years, using the stage for numerous product introductions, but announced in late 2008 that the 2009 conference would be its final appearance. Apple cited the decreasing relevance of trade shows and increased direct contact with customers through its retail stores as reasons for the discontinuation. IDG World Expo has continued to host Macworld Expo, however, pushing the conference date from its traditional early January timeframe to a late January/early February schedule in order to reduce competition from the larger Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas in early January each year.

Article Link: Macworld 2011 Registration Opens, Free Expo Passes Through July 26th

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
They've done free registration in the past, but I think it was only if you had attended the previous year.

chart328

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2009
California
MacWorld 2010 was my first MacWorld expo. My admission was purchased for $30 from the website about 6 months in advance. Shortly after the conference (which I enjoyed thoroughly) I received an automated email offering me a free registration for 2011. Yesterday I received the email refernced in this article, saying that registration for the expo is free to anyone, so now my freinds will also be attending the 2011 expo for free.

This is as good a deal as you are going to get. If you live close like I do and are at all intrersted, jump on this opertunity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.