Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theROZ

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2004
Sad

where are all the scoops...where is this year's IHOME video...there seems to be no leaks of photos or TIME magazine articles or Apple insider mock-ups....WTF....where's the beef....

Xyl

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
This has been a great year for Apple, and we're making it even better with the second generation of iPod Socks.

Probably USB pendrives so you can display photos or connect a card reader to it to do the same......or a keyboard etc etc

The possibilities are endless.......how about a USB external drive with some movies and pictures on....

I think it's for an iSight :eek:

psionic001

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2006
Omg Omg 2

OK. We're getting close. Where are the elevator spyshots? The Photoshop fakes? Come on people let's get with the program!;)

I can confirm the elevator shot is real! I snapped this same angle whilst watching people being rescued from the round glass elevator when it broke down.

OMG2.0.jpg

blurtigo

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2003
United Kingdom
iTV as it stands doesn't seem too revolutionary, but as it was just a 'sneak-peak' I don't think they told us the whole story.

Wouldn't it be more revolutionary if iTV was all about the 'virtual' purchasing of music/video/films?

The content you buy from the iTunes store is stored remotely instead of locally (on the conveniently increased 30GB iDisk for example), and the iTV streams this content to your TV/HI-FI. The only thing limiting the expansion of online delivery of media is the people who don't want to bother with a PC/Mac in the first place.

With this system in place, the iTV wouldn't need a PC/Mac. Although you could obviously stream locally from your computer as well if you wanted to.

Bonte

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2002
Bruges, Belgium
Nice thought but .Mac needs a big speed update for this to work, always been to slow to do any serious work. If i can add a USB hard disk directly to iTV i'm more than happy to do away with the mediahub-Mini that i currently use.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
TVs themselves are fundamentally different than they were back then.

they are fundamentally same now than they were back when they were invented. we have flat-screen tv's, hdtv, color and the lik, but tv's are still the same back when they were back and white. we have had technological progress in the equipment and so forth, but the paradigm has not changed one bit.

hdtv, remote controls or flat-screen tv's do not "fundamentally change" television. or are you talking about television-sets or television as a concept?

MacsAttack

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2006
Scotland
PS- Anyone know what the intended use is for the USB port?

So your friends can come around with their iPods and you can all watch the videos/photogrpah collection/whatever they have on it. A perfect solution the the fact that you can't "share' purchased videos or music.

At a wild guess.

iTV is clearly intended too leverage Apple's iPod/iTunes.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
Have you dudes seen the Leopard preview page in slow mo? Check the 'light' behind the X...exactly the same kind of concept as the apple.com and macworld images

348831666_fbdd045ee3_o.png

The X always gives an indication of function or UI (think the blue jelly of earlier OSX or the 'spotlight' on Tigers X)

Illuminous?

Xmas is coming!

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
iTV doesn't sound too bad..

To the comments regarding 'just connect your iPod', my understanding was that iPod only supported composite video at 480p (or maybe only i), wheras you can have component and HDMI with iTV (up to 1080p). I'd imagine with iPod you can have stereo and with iTV you'd get at least 5.1 optical out. As well as the fact iTV sounds like it's the 'video airport express', in which case it could boost your existing wireless connection as well [here's to hoping].
A digital HD tuner built in and hard drive *would* be nice, but it would probably cost a mint.

Sped

macrumors regular
May 30, 2003
Airport replacement?

Although I realize most of this forum has been discussing photoshop, I have a question about iTV's functionality. Will it replace or augment my Airport Express? In other words, could I create a wireless network with only an iTV?

OdduWon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
CaliVerse
it is true. the Banner is 16:9. Perhaps there IS a HD connection.
the iTv interface has a real "Movie theater" feel to it as well, which i believe is being expressed in the banner as a "apple has YOU Frontrow at their movie theater" interpretation.

from the light from behind the apple, this maybe a hint at "Illuminess". The light from behind in the menus of iTv could be what we will see in leopard.Would be cool to be able to choose the luminous color and set it's intensity, perhaps core animation will provide this, and more fluid visuals like the cover browse.
Picture12.png

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Have you dudes seen the Leopard preview page in slow mo? Check the 'light' behind the X...exactly the same kind of concept as the apple.com and macworld images

348831666_fbdd045ee3_o.png

The X always gives an indication of function or UI (think the blue jelly of earlier OSX or the 'spotlight' on Tigers X)

Illuminous?

Xmas is coming!
Not to sound like a smart ass or anything, but it's just a simple lens flare.

Goldfinger

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
Belgium
Could the iTV actually be a modded Slingcatcher ? Considering the coincidence thing with Apple/Slingshot at CES.

Just a thought.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
it is true. the Banner is 16:9. Perhaps there IS a HD connection.
the iTv interface has a real "Movie theater" feel to it as well, which i believe is being expressed in the banner as a "apple has YOU Frontrow at their movie theater" interpretation.

from the light from behind the apple, this maybe a hint at "Illuminess". The light from behind in the menus of iTv could be what we will see in leopard.Would be cool to be able to choose the luminous color and set it's intensity, perhaps core animation will provide this, and more fluid visuals like the cover browse.

You guys are TOTALLY reading into this and everything else too far. Take a break and step out side, or at least pull back the curtains and get some light in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.