Macworld Benchmarks New Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Emerson, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Emerson macrumors member

Emerson

While not a complete benchmark, Macworld gives a big thumbs up to the "Early 2008" mac pro. Reading the article it appears that the stock drive is a bit of dog, and it might be a good idea to replace it. Anyways take a look for yourself.

Link

2. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

Ya I wouldn't think there would be any "thumbs down", especially coming from
    Macworld.com ..

BTW, thx for the link.

3. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

Hmmm....

Was going to get another drive to basically store all my ITunes music, use the drive that came with the 2.8 MacPro for nothing but system and application software.

Now looks like better option would be to swap out the included drive with a new WD drive and put it in the second bay for ITunes music...

Still debating whether I should get a third drive for video capture/storage or keep using my G-Tech

4. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

At this point it seems like it would take quite a lot to garner a bad review on a Mac in the major press. Amazing considering that some of the PC-centric rags wouldn't even seriously touch one in fairly recent history.

5. davebquinn macrumors newbie

after looking at these tests i'm considering buying a maxtor 10,000rpm internal drive to use as my system drive

i'll be using the powermac mainly for music, with hardly any other applications going on it

anyoen see a problem with this

6. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Other than AnandTech I cannot think of any.