Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmyb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
United Kingdom
I was looking at the Macworld website and none of the keynote speakers were from Apple. Given that it is now one month and one day to the opening, is it too late for anyone from Apple to step up, (do Apple even give keynotes at this event?) As far as I remember, the Mini was released at Macworld San Fran, (was that by Steve?) Are we likely to see any new products at Macworld Boston?
I think that if we don't get an iBook revision on 28th June, (NECC - an edu event,) then they will appear here.
Any views

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
timmyb said:
I was looking at the Macworld website and none of the keynote speakers were from Apple. Given that it is now one month and one day to the opening, is it too late for anyone from Apple to step up, (do Apple even give keynotes at this event?) As far as I remember, the Mini was released at Macworld San Fran, (was that by Steve?) Are we likely to see any new products at Macworld Boston?
I think that if we don't get an iBook revision on 28th June, (NECC - an edu event,) then they will appear here.
Any views

Apple typically does not attend.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
There will be no major keynote from apple at macworld that is for sure. The next major convention that steve will be speaking at is Paris Expo in september (when the iMac G5's came out last year)

ShadOW :confused:

gamestriker

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2004
Even though they don't keynote, can we expect an update from Apple? say a 2GB iPod Shuffle with screen? :D

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Apple had an arguement with the organisers and pulled out of this expo several years ago. That said, it may release hardware before the expo, so that resellers can show off the new stuff. They've upp'd the popularity of Expo Paris because of it.

gamestriker

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2004
SpaceMagic said:
Apple had an arguement with the organisers and pulled out of this expo several years ago. That said, it may release hardware before the expo, so that resellers can show off the new stuff. They've upp'd the popularity of Expo Paris because of it.

You mean they could release it before Boston or before Paris? I want them to release that new Shuffle before/at Boston, else I'll get one of the current ones, because I've been waiting to get one since May and I want to have one before I start college.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.