Macworld content got less interesting?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by diazj3, Oct 2, 2010.

1. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Is it just me, or has the content of Macworld gotten a bit less interesting since the introduction of Macworld Insider?

I used to find good stuff there every week, but lately I just can't find anything. I have the feeling that the content there was more appealing and useful a couple of months ago.

Or perhaps it's just that there isn't too much mac stuff to report about?

... or, perhaps I'm just a bit tired of so much mac stuff being reported....:confused:

Anyway... what's your take on this?

cheers!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I stopped reading computer magazines years ago. They just cannot compete with the intarweb. By the time the magazines hit the newstand, its already outdated.

3. diazj3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry.... the intraweb? what do you mean by that?

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I found, since Karen Haslam became the main editor of Macworld UK, that it's content has started to decline in quality, whether it be articles of interest, or mistakes in the copy/images (such as spelling errors, pixellation of images, etc). The only articles that have consistently been good are the ones on the very last page, by Andy Inhatko.

Even though when we get the magazines, I already know most of the stuff, it's still enjoyable to read through the main articles, such as the release of new hardware or software. It's just more refreshing than reading it all online.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Paper magazines, especially tech magazines are out of date the moment they're printed. Online sites, i.e., internet, are more update and accurate.

6. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

I found the Macworld was always boring to me. They just made articles about new releases instead of talking about other issues that are more fun to read about like more critical articles. I usually go to PCWorld to read articles. They have a lot of articles on Macs on there as well, but the comments that follow those articles are not pretty.