Macworld EXPO NY 2000 - Stumbled upon my old footage.

AtariMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
Southeastern, PA
In July of 2000, my friend Joe and I attended Macworld NY. We saw the introduction of the G4 Cube, iMovie 2, and OS X. On stage we saw Steve Jobs, Gregory Hines, and Douglas Adams and we had the privilege to meet Sinbad on the show floor. Sadly Steve, Gregory, and Douglas have all since passed away. Sinbad thankfully is still alive and well.

I stumbled upon my old Canon Mini DV camera in February of 2020 and this footage was on one of the tapes. It just seemed right to use iMovie 2 to import and edit the video. My old Power Mac G4 was also used to import and edit.

Video here :

TheIntruder

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2008
I recently came across all the MW badges I'd tossed into my computer junk drawer. Reminders of some good times. Walking the show floor and having face-to-face contact with the developers who created some great stuff. Saw my share of celebs, but my own personal highlight was seeing Jerry Harrison of Talking Heads fame. Didn't bug him, though.

As well as people, a lot of companies no longer with us.

Reactions: AtariMac

bobesch

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
In July of 2000, my friend Joe and I attended Macworld NY. We saw the introduction of the G4 Cube, iMovie 2, and OS X. On stage we saw Steve Jobs, Gregory Hines, and Douglas Adams and we had the privilege to meet Sinbad on the show floor. Sadly Steve, Gregory, and Douglas have all since passed away. Sinbad thankfully is still alive and well.

I stumbled upon my old Canon Mini DV camera in February of 2020 and this footage was on one of the tapes. It just seemed right to use iMovie 2 to import and edit the video. My old Power Mac G4 was also used to import and edit.

Video here :
Thanks you for sharing your video - it feels like havin' been there ... 🤗

And it's nice to see, that you did rendering on an old PPC-machine.
I recentliy happend to do the same with our families DV/Hi8-tapes (on my 15"PB 1,67 DSDL).
Back in 2000 I owned an old underpowered 486-PC/Win98SE with a "Fast DVD-Master"-Video-Capture-Card (DV was captured through analog input).
I definitely should have spent my money on an "iMac G3 DV" ...
Now there's a bunch of shoe-boxes left, full of SVCD-footage of favorite childres series, that I have trouble to watch.