Macworld product release dates

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hovitos-way, Jan 2, 2008.

1. hovitos-way macrumors member

Hi, I was wondering if someone would be able to offer some help on when products that were announced at Macworld SF would be released. I am wanting a new MPB and as the Keynote speech is (most likely) on the 15th, if an update to the MPB is announced, does anyone know when they will most likely go on sale?

Thanks

:apple:

2. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

It could be the same day, it could be weeks after. Noone knows for sure.

3. hovitos-way thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, what about past experience. When other updates have been announced at other Macworld events, when were they released? I know that when the MB's were updated earlier this year (the small upgrade with the processors) they were being sold pretty much straight away. Should I expect the same with the MBP's if they are updated.

Sorry for the newb question...just want to make sure that my first apple is the best I could get for my money.

Thanks

4. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

yeah like the guy said before, it really does vary. Some products ship immediately, some take a week, some take around a month (like the iphone). it depends on the logistics of getting the products ready to ship worldwide, as apple is a worldwide company, once its released in america, it has to be released worldwide. Nobody knows til macword!

5. hovitos-way thread starter macrumors member

ok...thanks for all the help. I can't wait to get a MBP now!!! :D

6. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

consumer products like iPods are 'in the apple store now' most of the times when Jobs gives his keynote.