Macworld San Francisco 2009 Ohhh noo!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Killswitcher, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Killswitcher macrumors newbie

Quick fire question. is there any chance that the new macbook pro will be pushed rite into january of next year. Ive got the money saved up and im simply waiting for the new macbook pro to be released so i can buy it.

Been holding off for about 5 months, the thought of waiting another 3 makes me wont to throw up.

People are talking about October 14 and im praying their correct, but is that maybe too close to the music event yesterday...... ?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

well obviously, you can afford to wait some more..
    holding the purchase for 5 months means you can still do " without " an MBP.
    and no one in this forum really knows... whether there'll be a case design. etc/

as the old saying goes.. buy it if you need it.

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Nobody knows for sure.

If you wait until MWSF2009, which it seems that you can, it might be a good idea in your case.

On the other hand, if you would have purchased 5 months ago, you would have been able to use your MBP for 9 months.

I think that the old adage of buy what you need today is a good one. If you need it, then buy it. Otherwise wait until there is something compelling to purchase.

5. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

Maybe!

6. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Doubt it...:rolleyes:

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Its all speculation, but I think well see updates here within the next month.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

October 14th. End of September. Tuesday. Who cares. You could have been using a 15" MBP five months ago and sold it off this January if you were really that concerned.

On the other hand, if you had bought a 15" MBP five months ago, you probably would have enjoyed the current 15" MBP so much, you may not have ended up selling it after the MBP is redesigned. After all, are you going to sell the 15" MBP that's perfectly fast, and perfectly capable, just so you can be some guinea pig for the new rev. A MacBook Pro design that is likely to have numerous flaws??? After all, all rev. A products have flaws. By the time it was safe to buy the newly redesigned 15" MBP, you could have enjoyed using the current 15" MBP for 12-16 months, and then sold it off to get the rev. B 15" MBP.

Anyway ----> :p

9. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Hahaha Cheers! :D

10. Killswitcher thread starter macrumors newbie

lol great point. are there any notable problems with the current macbook pro? if not im just going to buy the current model rite now, im not some teenager who must have the latest model of everything to take plesure in using it

also ive been working on my imac, hence the reason i havent actually "NEEDED" the macbook pro, but i want to move to a completely mobile set up so, great

11. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Someone somewhere on here made the point that MacWorld is usually used as a platform to introduce a new product -- something cutting edge, like the MBA. (No cake-cutting pun intended.)

So, I'm hoping for the MB/MBP/MBA upgrade within a month-ish and then something new to come out for MacWorld.

12. jhamerphoto macrumors regular

The current graphic processors have heat issues, specifically heat cycling. This doesn't affect everyone, but it's something to take note of. I'm waiting until it's either fixed or replaced, as being a student and traveling a lot, I tend to shut things down and turn them on again quite a bit.

Also, if you wait anyway, you might have a bit more money by then incase you need anything else like Applecare (definitely) or other accessories.

13. Killswitcher thread starter macrumors newbie

ok ok, im holding off now as the graphics card thing will affect me greatly aswell. True, Is applecare essential?

14. polar-blair macrumors regular

I really hope the new ones come out October 14th, I dont think its big enough like the MBA to be released at a mac world, I think they will release a replacement of the mac mini and displays next year... but as it has been said know one really knows. If there isn't an update by October ill just go and buy the current one, it still is a great Machine. And you can always sell the current one if the new one comes out and you want it.

15. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Im on the same boat.

16. blurfonz macrumors regular

MWSF2009 should have some updates. But Its a LONG LONG wait! hah