MacX DVD Ripper Pro Giveaway for Thanksgiving (worth $60)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by woodywoodz, Nov 19, 2014.

1. woodywoodz, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

woodywoodz Suspended

woodywoodz

Thanksgiving is almost here. What do you plan to do after the turkey dinner?

Just got MacXDVD's newsletter and knew that they are giving away the latest version of their MacX DVD Ripper Pro (v4.5.7) to everyone as a free holiday gift (it was worth $59.95). It helps users to rip and convert any commercial DVD movies (such as Maleficent, X-man, Captain America, Hercules and Iron Man) to various formats for playback on iPhone iPad Android, as well as make backup of DVD movies at no loss of quality and full surround sound.

view the giveaway page

The offer runs until Dec 1, 2014. If you are looking for such software, get one copy for free when it lasts.

Tips: DVD copy and ripping is not allowed in some places, so make sure to abide by the local law before downloading and just backup for personal use!
    :)

2. rigormortis, Nov 19, 2014

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

both me and a friend got the free thanksgiving offer before. and both our copies got mysteriously deactivated.. i never found out why. maybe its because we restored our machines from time machine, or maybe we switched macs, or maybe it updated.

my friend called them once and complained and he was able to get a new key

seems like if you breathe on it wrong , your activation key dies

hopefully this time around it will keep working

okay. i found the setting page and set it to never check for updates. so maybe this time it will last longer!

3. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!!

4. Apple06 macrumors member

Thanks... are there any recommended settings besides selecting one of the profiles for best picture quality?

5. woodywoodz, Nov 19, 2014

woodywoodz thread starter Suspended

woodywoodz

Hi Apple01

As far as I know, the video/audio parameters provided by the software are preset well beforehand. Generally, the output format with "Codec: h264+aac" setting could bring the best picture quality.
    Hope this helps you :)

6. Apple06 macrumors member

Thank you.. I tried a few settings and they were fast and good quality. One thing I can't get to work is soft subtitles that allow me to turn on and off. This DVD ripper pro only burns in the subtitles (meaning always shown).. Anyone know a quick way to add subtitles? I tried to rip it then use handbrake to do the encoding for soft subtitles but its taking 4X the time to encode.

7. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

Thanks. A thousand free copies to be given away. Be sure to activate before December 2nd.

8. woodywoodz thread starter Suspended

woodywoodz

about one week left for free download. Take your time ;)

9. woodywoodz thread starter Suspended

woodywoodz

Thanksgiving finally came. wish you have a happy holiday :D

10. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

11. woodywoodz thread starter Suspended

woodywoodz

Thanksgiving day passed. Did you have a nice time yesterday?

Black Friday is here. Great chance to get many fabulous items at heavy discount. Take your time and save more :D:D:D