MacX Video Converter Pro & GTX680 Mac Ed.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by donvito4ever, Oct 24, 2018.

1. donvito4ever macrumors member

donvito4ever

Hi guys!

I'd like to know why MacXVideo Converter Pro don't/can't use the hardware encode when I encode one video for, for example, the iPad... and isn't trouble of Mojave... in HS, the same problem...

Maybe I have to modify some archive?

2. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

Your video card is irrelevant. That software is looking for Intel Quick Sync, which your Mac Pro's CPU doesn't support.

3. donvito4ever thread starter macrumors member

donvito4ever

Mmmm, if this is true... Why has a select button with Intel and other with Nvidia under hardware encode?

4. h9826790, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018

h9826790 macrumors G5

h9826790

You have to ask the developer.

However, since Apple / Nvidia never ever activate any video hardware acceleration on any Nvidia GPU on cMP. No matter how hard the software developer try. They won't work. Simply no driver for it.

Anyway, for your info. I submitted a request to Nvidia and ask them if it's possible to add hardware encoding / decoding to their GPU in macOS. They said that they will consider it. But they also confirmed that, which is not working in macOS at this moment, and no plan to activate that in macOS at this moment.

5. donvito4ever thread starter macrumors member

donvito4ever

6. ActionableMango, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018

ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

I looked up MacXVideo Converter Pro's hardware acceleration and it looks like they are using Quick Sync for H.264, which is CPU based. For H.265 there is HEVC GPU hardware encoding, but as h9826790 says, MacOS doesn't support it.

To answer your question, "why is option there", I suspect MacXVideo Converter Pro is doing the same thing other cross-platform tools have done, and the UI elements are there because it is supported in another operating system like Windows. They grey it out in MacOS instead of removing it or hiding it.