Mad at Steve Jobs for an entirely different reason!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bentrider, Jun 26, 2010.

1. bentrider macrumors member

My iPhone 4 has RUINED all my other devices. The screens on my iPad and MacBook look like absolute crap in comparison!!! I say this a bit tongue in cheek but is anyone else a but upset that this amazing screen came out RIGHT after you bought an iPad? I got my iPad six weeks ago and it seems outdated now.

2. cirial macrumors regular

Nope, still happy with my iPad. My iPhone 4 is just a nice treat

3. Dr. Foosball macrumors newbie

Your iPhone 4 looks like crap in comparison to your iPhone 4? :confused:

4. bentrider thread starter macrumors member

Thank jeebus for an edit button!

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I don't agree. still love my iPad, just have an idea what the next rev will look like.

6. bentrider thread starter macrumors member

As I said... It was mostly tongue in cheek. Just something I noticed looking for iPhone 4 accessories on my iPad last night.

7. mike1123 macrumors 6502

mike1123

I don't even have an iPhone 4 yet; I just looked at one in the Apple store, and now my iPhone 3G and MacBook Pro screens look crappy. Kinda sucks. :eek:

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

I'm on my iPad now. I don't think a small screen can compare

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You should email sjobs@apple.com and tell them this. Maybe he’ll write that you’re looking at the other devices wrong.

10. bentrider thread starter macrumors member

I actually DID!

11. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Still love my iPad and looking forward to this screen being in the next one :D

12. XJ13sd macrumors member

I agree a little with the op. I have some vision problems which glasses don't help, I'm only 30. I got my iPad and stopped using my 3GS and was so impressed with the screen, then my ip4 comes last wed and I can read it very easily,a small miracle for me just can't believe how easy it is for me to see the screen even @ a distance now my iPad is just sitting on the dock with 100 percent battery looking lonely.

13. SirHaakon macrumors 6502a

This was my main gripe about the iPad (even before the iPhone 4 came out) and the reason I didn't purchase one. The dpi is too low, especially for a device you hold in your hands (much closer proximity than a computer monitor). It took them a good 7-8 years to push a higher res bump on the 15" MBP (they were laughably late to that game), and I have a feeling it's going to be another couple of revisions before we see a real screen on the iPad. I'd love to be proved wrong, but Apple doesn't have a good track record in this area. That being said, the iPhone 4's screen is absolutely gorgeous - no question about it.

14. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

In order to have the iPad to have even close to the 326 ppi that the iPhone has, the resolution would have to be 2560x1440 and that is only 302 ppi. So I don't expect a retina display iPad anytime soon.