Mad Money's Cramer Talks about Iphone with Verizon CFO

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by accinfo, Oct 25, 2010.

1. accinfo macrumors member

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232/?video=1624899754&play=1

The outgoing CFO sure doesn't deny Iphone is coming soon. Really emphasizes the potential growth of the smartphone market in the near future. Also says directly their network will be able to service the Iphone.

A good listen.

2. icyfire macrumors 6502

didn't expect him to say anything re: the iPhone before ol' Steve has his say but def felt some good vibes. I knew the day that the iPad/Mifi package was announced that we would be seeing the iPhone in short order.

3. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Haha I remember when Cramer said to buy MGM stock a couple years ago.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

That's exciting for sure, but as a recent switcher to AT&T, I'm much happier right now than I ever was under Verizon. They aren't that good in the customer service dept. That and they will rip you off every chance they get. Verizon is more expensive when all is said and done. My sister was just forced to pay a $9.99 per month fee just to get an LG crap phone because it has 3G capabilities. She gets 25MB of data for that price, and her phone is almost useless for anything data oriented. Not only that, but I've yet to get the Internet to load up on her phone before getting frustrated and quitting. It seems that slow compared to AT&T. I can burn through 25 MB in 2 days of forum browsing during my morning train commute, luckily I have 2 GB and I only pay $15 more per month than she does to have it. At her rate, she'd have to pay $818.38 per month to get as much, if that's not a ripoff, I don't know what is.

I understand that you can but an unlimited plan for something like $30.00 from Verizon. But that's rumored to go away soon as well, and who needs that on a "multi media phone" as they call it? But I've yet to go anywhere near my 2 GB, and I use 3G a lot. Verizon will force you into paying $10.00 for 25 MB, or $30.00 for unlimited. But AT&T gives you 200 MB for $15.00; and you aren't forced into paying for it unless you get a smart phone which can actually take advantage of it effectively.

At Verizon's lesser data plan's rates, you pay about $0.40 per MB, at AT&T's you pay about $0.08.

In the end my main gripe with Verizon is that they force users who have these so called "multimedia phones" to buy an extortionist data plan. Their data network (at least here in SLC) is useless, and you don't even get enough data in your required package to do anything with if the network allowed it.

No thanks Verizon!

SLC

6. SR2 macrumors regular

You want to lose money? Follow Jim Cramers advice.