Mad World

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Jul 9, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

This is one of the few Wii games I'm actually interested in. I'm still not sure about it but it looks pretty interesting. I like the B&W art style with one other color, red. So I guess it's supposed to be like you are forced in a game show or something. Kind of makes me think of Smash TV. Anyone else interested?

Official Site
    Trailer

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

3. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I guess i'm one of the few people out there that doesn't enjoy extremely violent games.

When i say this, i mean i don't like games that are only made because it's supposed to be gruesome and violent. If a game has a wonderful story, compelling gameplay and an actual reason to be violent i am totally fine with that. Games like Manhunt 2, to me, are the stupidest things ever.

I do like the black and white art style, but the fact that its advertising is based solely on the gore in the game is a huge turn-off for me.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

It looks alright....the blood and gore is just wow. Its a game I'll be looking out for but I'm getting a "gears" vibe from it.

Bless

5. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well ya, that chainsaw just screams GEARS. ;)

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

meh.. it reminds me of movies like Hostel, it will appeal to the teenage/college aged male audience that thinks gratuitous violence makes up for a lack of plot/substance. I'll pass.

7. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ya, I'm still not too sure about this game. I just love the art style.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Same. Art=nice, unoriginal but nice. I don't like overly violent games so I'll probably be skipping this anyways.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

:rolleyes:

I can see the BBFC and other censor bannings before they happen.

:rolleyes:

Yeah.. this is just gutter game fodder.

It is clear from their comments that they are just trying to be as brutal and nasty as they can be, and it's on these terms that I fail to see any merit in a game such as this.

Regardless of how good the art style is, if the content is just there to be as offensively nasty as it can be - it really shouldn't be encouraged.

Count me as one of the few too.... I agree with your whole position on the subject.