Madden '08 for Mac - best deal?

fishkorp

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
from a lot of the reviews i read, many people suggest actually just getting the Windows version and running it in Boot Camp instead. not only does the Mac version not even work with a Mini or MacBook, but graphics and performance are sub-par compared with the Windows and console versions. i can't confirm this since i don't have it, but that's just what i've been reading. i'm sure being a Cider port is where the blame lies.

and looking at the very hefty system requirements for Guitar Hero III, i'm guessing it'll be a similar situation :(

Comment

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
from a lot of the reviews i read, many people suggest actually just getting the Windows version and running it in Boot Camp instead. not only does the Mac version not even work with a Mini or MacBook, but graphics and performance are sub-par compared with the Windows and console versions. i can't confirm this since i don't have it, but that's just what i've been reading. i'm sure being a Cider port is where the blame lies.

and looking at the very hefty system requirements for Guitar Hero III, i'm guessing it'll be a similar situation :(
well the game looks alright. i would assume about the same as the windows version....but it's not an "HD game" like the xbox 360 version though, for sure.

Comment