Madden 10 Wii - is it junk?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Michael CM1, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Go ahead and pile on with some PS3/360 chat, but I'm worried about Madden 10 after reading a review at IGN.

I got royally screwed with EA's NCAA Football 09 last year, and the Madden 10 review seems to convey "they're trying hard to suck up this franchise." The first Madden game for PS2 was what convinced me to buy the console. I like the NCAA series better, but EA likes to dork around a bit before working that one into stuff I buy.

Now it's as if EA doesn't care about Wii customers that aren't at nursing homes or day care. I know this isn't really true because of the Tiger Woods games. But I felt violated by that NCAA Football 09 game using that name, and the cartoony characters make me think EA is now doing it to Madden. I wanted to buy this game because I have no team sports games now. But I also don't want to encourage EA's continued crapping on Wii users.

Konami proved that you can make an excellent sports game on Wii with Pro Evolution Soccer. The players look a bit better than PS2 quality, and the gameplay totally makes use of the Wii remote. Considering you throw a football, I can't believe EA has sucked these games up so much.

Anybody else feel my rant? Any PS3/360 owners got the game (in a few days) and think it's the biznitch?

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Why not give it a rental?

All I know, is that the more casual EA tried to make Madden, the worse their sales were on the Wii. This Madden looks better than last it seams, but I'm still weary of it. I really like Tiger Woods Wii, especially since All Play was pushed to the side, but I have no idea if this game was given the same care.

3. Michael CM1 thread starter macrumors 603

That's probably what I'll do. I just hate renting something and then ending up purchasing it, even though it's smart to take a $3 test drive. I just hope the local video store doesn't shoot me in the forehead when I walk in because I joined Netflix.

What would be really nice is if trial versions were available on consoles like they have been on PCs for more than a decade. The 360 and PS3 could surely handle it with their HDDs, and the Wii can probably now do it if you have a big enough SD card (I think you can use a 32GB SDHC card).

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I don't know about the Wii but there is a demo for the PS3 and 360.

Lethal

5. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

PS3 and 360 release demos for most games. It's a very nice feature.

6. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Why do they know you joined netflix?