Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
I dont really believe in curses and the such, but this one i do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL#The_.22Madden_Curse.22
its in the middle of the page, most up to date info i can find

I also found the scariest pic of madden i have ever seen

John_Madden_Football_intro.gif

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
1) QB's should not bother trying to tackle DE's unless they know how, and from the picture, McNabb doesn't know how.
2) So now I should try and avoid being on the cover of: Sports Illustrated, Madden NFL games, Playgirl.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Counterfit said:
1) QB's should not bother trying to tackle DE's unless they know how, and from the picture, McNabb doesn't know how.

McNabb wasn't trying to tackle a defensive end he was trying to Roy Williams (strong safety) but got blocked to the ground before he could get to Williams.

Lethal

Apple

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Ray Lewis didnt have all that great of a year last year. I think his madden curse is lingering into this year. (Boller injured first week came back last week and got killed)

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
xli_ne said:
I dont really believe in curses and the such, but this one i do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL#The_.22Madden_Curse.22
its in the middle of the page, most up to date info i can find

I also found the scariest pic of madden i have ever seen

John_Madden_Football_intro.gif

Troy Polumalu will be on the cover of S.I

According to him, he doesn't read mags, or watch tv, or any of that..so I think he might break the curse...simply because he doesn't buy into the hype..

He is a young, fresh Safety for my Team (Steelers) Check him out...you can't miss him...he's the one crushing people, and then softly walking away

oh , and the hair is pretty obvious too...

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
topgunn said:
Do you think they can fit a team picture of the Giants?
I think the Giants will have a good run in them as they lost another owner to cancer. Look for a sparked team to play Sunday.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
clayj said:
Hush. Hush! ;)
I can't wait for the game Sunday. I'll be there cheering on the Bears. I know a lot of people think they're a bad team but I think they could give Carolina a good shot. If they're a contender this will be the game to prove it.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Josh396 said:
I can't wait for the game Sunday. I'll be there cheering on the Bears. I know a lot of people think they're a bad team but I think they could give Carolina a good shot. If they're a contender this will be the game to prove it.
Ya they might get lucky and have more 50 mph wind gusts.:p :rolleyes:

Apple

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
MacNut said:
Ya they might get lucky and have more 50 mph wind gusts.:p :rolleyes:

All I got to say is that Carolina will win but Moose will score 2 touchdowns and give my fantasy team the edge against the top ranked team in my league ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.