Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steviem

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
So the Demo came out this week. I played a game using 'Game Flow' and actually really liked it, I played as the Jets, so I have a feeling the OC will be different with Manning, but being told the play through the headset is really awesome.

I tried to run the Wildcat once with it, and it seems that like in the NFL, the game has found out how to effectively stop it from gaining big yards...

The only irritating thing with it so far is in kicking, I managed to get squib kicks and onside kicks pretty much nailed in 10, but with this new control system it seems a bit lacking in terms of determining accuracy.

Locomotion seems cool too, with Greene picking up a nice 15yard TD and a 30 yard run because of leaning away from defenders :D

All in all, I'm looking forward to it's full release and hopefully if other Macrumors people play it, setting up a league.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the fact that the USA gets it on my birthday, but I have to wait 3 extra days :(

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Game looks great Gus Johnson and the Superbowl celebrations for each team look great.

by the way if you pre order at amazon they have a $20 Gift card for a future purchase may use that twards Halo Reach as well :p

and yeah OP i've had to deal with that as well madden has allways fallen right before my b-day which is the 15th.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I have the PS3 version. great game... not too different from previous versions, unfortunately... I'd love to see some better graphics and smoother framerates, but I do have a question. I have the PS3 chatpad.... but how do I talk trash mid-game?? Everyone did this to me last year, and I bought the chatpad in the offseason so I could use it this year. But i don't know how to send messages in-game!

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i got the xbox 360 version of the game this week. so far i like it. i have only played a few games though. i kinda like the game flow thing so far

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.