Made a mistake calibrating my battery...should I do it again?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jonnyr78, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jonnyr78 macrumors member

Hi,

A week ago I got a new i5 base Macbook Pro (with a 1440 screen as had to get it from a bricks and mortar Apple store, very happy with it though!!).

Anyway, I made a mistake when calibrating yesterday. Whilst leaving it to re-charge after the 5hr rest I caught the power cable so it dis-connected. :rolleyes:

So, what do you think I should do? Re-calibrate now, or just do it next month? I'm just worried about unduly draining the battery if I try calibration again.

Thanks!

P.s. Coconut battery is currently saying the battery capacity is 97% or 6698

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, you can do it again. No problem.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

If it was only unplugged for a couple seconds, I dunno that it could have affected it that much. For some reason, all the portable computers apple makes lose battery capacity very fast at the start, and then start holding fast in the mid 90% range. Mine is 7 months old, and the battery percent fluctuates clear from 93% to 96%. it just depends I guess lol

4. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

if i never calibrate my battery, is that bad?

i see that it says "it has no effect on battery health", but everyone seems to do it religiously.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the info in the link I posted. That will answer your question.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Answer:​

PS: Not calibrating your battery has its effect on the battery, as you don't use its full potential every once in a while.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Makes me wonder if people just click on threads and post, without bothering to read what's been posted before.

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That's how I roll, I even quote those bastards with answers, but ignore them nonetheless. :p

Just saw that we posted at the same time.

Sometimes looking at ForumSpy and the clock and seeing a new special thread about batteries (not that that happens every hour or so ...) or whatever other usual question regarding Mac OS X and those computers accompanying them, I can almost guess with 67.39 % certainty which members will answer.
    You and miles in the evening (my time) and Hellhammer in the morning and around lunch, and the other usual suspects too.

And I'm still writing, even though I should go to bed.

Til the next battery thread, I mean the one after following that other one, which comes after that other one, which in itself is again followed by another one, ..., I mean I want to get some sleep. ;)