Made a simple holiday video, would love some feedback!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by acearchie, Mar 3, 2013.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Hi guys,

I am inviting some friends to France this year and just wanted to make a quick little edit of some footage I had last year to give them a feel for some of the things we got up to.

Would love some feedback on the edit! I didn’t intend to use the footage for anything so I wasn’t really shooting with this in mind so it was quite difficult to make it fit another purpose.

Cheers!

2. daybreak macrumors 6502a

It is very difficult to give you a feed back as it is a bit of fun movie for you but not them.
    They will see it and in there minds will not be happy that you only given them very little exposer.
    Nicely edited but wrong subject to use that on. Try and avoid vocal music. My mind was more interested in the song.
    Next time you go and capture holiday do a documentary style and give them something to remember when you are all in your 50s.
    In general not bad and some good shoot with the pool. Nice to have had sound.
    Well done but think different next time.:)

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Thanks for the feedback. When you say them are you referring to the viewer?

Do you feel the movie conveys an emotion. Does it seem like we were having fun as because I was there I know it was fun but I don't know if the video gives of that impression.

The soundtrack is not a great choice as the visuals don't quite match the emotion of the song but I was stuck for time and had to do something quickly.

In essence this is not intended as an archive video but more as a teaser so that's why I left out sound and kept the clips short.

Thanks for the help and I welcome any other feedback.

4. daybreak macrumors 6502a

Yes the people who you capture and used. If that was me in there i would say? "What else did you capture of us"?.
    If you still got the original footage, why not when you got time make a proper video with titles, dates and an nice soundtrack. I'm sure they would be pleased with it an even buy a copy as a keepsake.
    And if you use iMovie they have a wonderful trailer software section which you could incorporate.
    Like i said before not bad.
    Let hope you will get more feedback.