Made appointment at Genius Bar

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macingman, Apr 14, 2011.

1. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

First of all let me start by saying I am an Apple fanboy, I own nearly every Apple device released since 2004, and I love my iPad 2.

Today I made an appointment at the Genius bar though due to a few issues I am having with my iPad 2. The first is the screen is starting to come apart from the seal around the edges, my 3G antennae sometimes doesn't work, every few times I turn my iPad on it doesn't connect to 3G and the second is the amount of backlight bleeding is hurting my eyes because of so much light coming of the sides of the screen.

I have no doubt that the Genius Bar will replace the iPad seeing I have all these issues with my iPad and I have used the Genius Bar on many occasions and their service has exceeded my expectations every time.

Before anyone asks I posted this just to get an idea of how many people have these issues and just so people could know what issues I have experienced.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

please. do share some photos of this blinding light. can't wait.

huh? are you asking for every person with issues to respond in this particular thread? seriously?

3. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I assume you have a Verizon iPad 2 and the 3G connectivity issues are expected to be fixed in the next update, so I new iPad wouldn't fix that. The blacklight bleeding is hurting eyes? There must be something wrong with your eyes, do you wear sunglasses when you go outside and inside because the lights hurt your eye?

4. AlxRymnd914 macrumors member

Don't be an *******. He said he just wants to get an idea of how often these issues occur. To ask everyone to respond to a single thread would be moronic and isn't anywhere in the OP.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

There's already several threads on the bleeding issue and at least one on the edge issue. OP could have just read those threads to learn that yes, other people are having these issues.

6. macingman thread starter macrumors 68020

macingman

I didn't say the light was blinding, it just hurts my eyes staring at the light for an excessive period of time, say I'm watching a movie and their is the black bar at the top and bottom of the movie, their is a white light which I am staring at for over an hour and that hurts my eyes.

No I have an Australian model iPad 2 3G which is the equivalent to the AT&T version and no I have nothing wrong with my eyes, I have had them checked.

I of course have read these threads but there is still one issue no one has said much about and that is the 3G connectivity issues I am having in a GSM iPad.

It puzzles me why I post something just wanting more information for when I go to the genius bar and I get all these know-it-all fanboys thinking they must bash me due to my decision to request that Apple replace my product that I paid $800 for because I am not happy with the quality of the product I received. I am sure I am going to be flamed for this last paragraph but to be honest I really couldn't care less.

7. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Good luck. Let us know the results of the appointment.

I'm particularly interested in how much better, if at all, the light bleed will be since so many people are having this same problem on their replacement units.

Not everyone will bash you for a simple post like some of the above @#$*(@#*'s. That is not a representation of the nice folks here on MR forums.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

GSM? Who is your network provider? Have you tried it in different locations? My iPad often doesn't get 3G signals when I am home, simply because the area where I live have weak 3G signal strength. It's fine when I'm downtown, which is where I actually need the 3G -- at home I have wifi.

As for people complaining about your post, it's because you started a new thread without really contributing anything new to the overall forum discussion. Nobody is saying you shouldn't return/replace an unsatisfactory product, but just announcing that you are going to do that doesn't make for a good discussion opening. Especially since most of your problems are already being discussed in other ongoing threads.

9. macingman thread starter macrumors 68020

macingman

Telstra is my provider, this problem happens at home the iPad would fail to turn on cellular service in a place where normally there will be 5 bars.

And if someone doesn't like my post they shouldn't bother responding or click on the thread for that matter. I have come to discuss the issues I am having and provide some feedback of what happens which may or may not be of help to other forum users with similar issues.

10. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

hopefully they replace it for you and your issues are resolved.

However to correct you nobody bashed you for replacing your device as you have every right to. some people just found your description of the light bleed to be an over exaggeration not saying it is but that is what they were saying. Mainly those people were bashing you for starting yet another thread on light bleed and connection issues. Just wanted to make those clarifications

11. eaweber1 macrumors newbie

eaweber1

"I didn't say the light was blinding, it just hurts my eyes staring at the light for an excessive period of time, say I'm watching a movie and their is the black bar at the top and bottom of the movie, their is a white light which I am staring at for over an hour and that hurts my eyes."

Try blinking? Maybe genius bar has some super sweet apple branded shades? Just trying to help.

12. macingman thread starter macrumors 68020

macingman

Mate, It's a known fact that staring at a white light hurts, and in some cases damages your eyes, you haven't seen iPad 2 so you shouldn't make assumptions on the amount of light bleeding I have.

I don't want this thread to turn into a flame war and therefore be wastelanded so from now on I will not respond to these types of posts which aren't contributing to the discussion.

13. macingman thread starter macrumors 68020

macingman

Thank you sir/mam for your kind post. You are just about the only poster which hasn't been in some sort of way forum bashing me. I will be sure to keep you posted on what my replacement is like.

All the best.

14. stooler macrumors newbie

For my ipad2, the light bleeding issue is fairly minor. But I have definitely start noticing the glass separation thing you mentioned. At first, it was the bottom corners having a very slightly raised edge to them and last night I noticed that middle top (right above the camera) has a bulging gap. I could easily slide a piece of paper in the gap where I can't along any other part of the top edge. I just figure that I'll live with it, unless it becomes more noticeable or other areas start showing the same type of problems.

15. lopexo macrumors member

I had a screen not "glued" all the way at the bottom....I got a replacement within a week.