Made in USA important?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jmlee111, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmlee111 macrumors newbie

It seems like some of the cases company are claiming their cases and accessories to be made in USA, as a consumer, is Made in USA really that important?

I'm contemplating on creating an accessories company, and love to get feedback on what people think about products made in USA vs made in China vs made in Mexico.

Feedback please.

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I personally have no preference. I think its more for government tax exemption purposes or something of that sort

3. jmlee111 thread starter macrumors newbie

There's this perception that Made in USA = Quality Product, whereas Made in China = Crap. Seems like a lot of companies nowaday are marketing their made in usa goods base on that perception. Ironically, iphone is made in china.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

The USA has a government run by criminals, that rewards friends and shakes down enemies. The made in USA movement represents efforts by companies to befriend the politicians in the hopes they won't come after them.

5. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Having a 'Made in the USA' stamp on anything, especially a computer, does offer some sort of satisfaction that I can't quite put my finger on. Perhaps we have been so used to buying products that have been in made in China that we get excited to see something made in the USA? Idk, just taking a guess. My new iMac was made in the USA btw.

6. rrcompton macrumors member

Made is the USA is just that, it's made here IE: job(s).

7. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

As important as you want to make it. Consistent quality is easier to maintain at home.

8. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

MOD NOTE

This thread should belong in the PRSI forum, which the original poster does not have posting access too. As such we are closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.