Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Hey guys. My first Bootcamp partition had a problem with installing my printer drivers, so I decided to just scrap it (i.e. I used disk utility to erase [wrote zeroes] that partition). I then used the Bootcamp assistant to create a new partition, and I installed Windows 7 again on the new partition. I have everything up and running on the new partition, and it works perfectly when I re-start in bootcamp.

However, when I try to load it in Vmware Fusion, it seems to be searching for the old partition.

How can I get Vmware to boot up the new partition? Right now it says "No bootable device detected."

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
Right-click on "Boot Camp partition" in VMware and choose "Show In Finder." Drag the file called "Boot Camp partition" into the trash. Quit VMware Fusion and re-open the program. When you select the Boot Camp partition again, VMware will check for the existence of the partition again, and recreate the file it needs to load Windows from the Boot Camp partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.