Made the magic happen

Discussion in 'iMac' started by top, Jun 30, 2012.

1. top macrumors member

2. top thread starter macrumors member

3. radiohed macrumors regular

Nice! Enjoy :D

4. top thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

I have a 09 IMac with no thunderbolt and a thunderbolt display with Pegasus R6 needed to just get TB so I can use my items

5. not1lost macrumors member

not1lost

Paragould Arkansas, when I'm not in my RV
    I Got Mine!

I figured there is no telling when the next update of the iMac will be and the current machine is a fine computer. I know there are rumors but that is just that.... I did wait till after WWDC but no upgrade or bump I should say. So I bought my New beautiful 27' iMac i7 3.4Gz and I LOVE IT! It's my first Mac and way better experience than any windows machine I have used and I have had a bunch of them specced out. I am very happy with this machine and satisfied with my purchase even if they come out with one with retina tomorrow. Really, I have seen the new retina macbook pro and I don't think it really has much on this beautiful display; I don't need one to look any better than this!!! :eek:

I do have a question though for those of you who know more about these. I bought the stock memory of 4gb not wanting to pay Apples ridiculous prices and I am going to upgrade my memory. I have some very hungry applications I run and many times have a lot of them open at once plus other things. Apple only allows 16gb for this machine but I have read in several places around the web that it will handle up to 32gb. OWC has a kit for a very reasonable price for 32gb $319 . I know the test have shown you can put it in, but can the machine actually utilize that much memory or is it just using 4g of each 8g stick? I want to put as much as I can in it but I don't want to waist my money either.:confused: Any help would be appreciated, thanks!:)
    P.S.
    I love reading this forum, I have learned a lot here and also a big reason I have jumped ship from windows to Mac. :D

6. Lance-AR macrumors 6502

7. not1lost macrumors member

not1lost

Paragould Arkansas, when I'm not in my RV
    Thanks a bunch! :) I didn't know if I posted this in the right place so I posted it again in the new thread thing too?

8. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Pick up an 8gb dual channel kit on Amazon for $40 or so. I had a pair of Corsairs in my machine. You'll find that 12gb of DDR3 is probably sufficient for your needs; and if not, 16gb is only another $40 away. ;)