Made the move!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlackAce, Jul 13, 2011.

1. BlackAce macrumors newbie

Well I just got my first Mac, I just bought a MacBook Pro. Its the 15 Inch quad core i7 model and I must say I am very impressed. I was actually wanted to wait until Lion came out but, I had the offer for one year and only had two days left so i had to jump on it now. I have always been a fan of Linux and used it for a little while on and off over the last 15 years or so, but I never tried a Mac. I always went back to Windows for some reason. But now I am stuck especially for the price hahaha . I never paid $1600 for a computer before so I'm stuck regardless. Hahaha

I can see the resemblance alot between but Linux and OsX, since they're both based on Unix. It runs really smooth from what I've seen so far. Anyway I am glad I finally made the move.

2. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Once you go mac, you never go back!

Congrats, you'll love the MBP. I only changed recently, now I have the iPad 2 also!

3. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

I also have a similar background with Unix & Linux (CS degree). Congrats on your purchase... you won't regret it!

4. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

Congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new MacBook Pro for years to come! :)

5. th3goob macrumors regular

i know exactly what you mean... i bought my mbp last month and im allready planning to get a imac to replace my pc, i swear there is something about macs that just want you to have more and more. wont ever go as far as buying a iphone or a ipad(google has them beat on both of them =P)

6. BlackAce thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually that's what prompted me to get a Mac. I have an iPhone and absolutely love it. So I figured I'd make the jump.

7. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Also, when I read the thread title, I thought this was a dating thread. :eek: