iPad Pro Made the semi-Leap

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gmillz22, Apr 25, 2016.

1. gmillz22 macrumors regular

Pondered for a couple of weeks if I could replace my MacBook with an iPad. I have a retina MacBook and an iPad Air 2. Today I scrolled through some threads and read up on people using the 12.9 more than the 9.7 when it comes to daily usage as a Mac substitute. Also saw the thread with people's amazing drawings done on iPad Pros. That was enough for me to commit to the transition this evening. I can safely say it cannot replace my MacBook for everything. College classes require flash for some internet homework assignments, I like to have iTunes back ups to manage devices as well as managing my large collection of music. However, I still sold both devices to cover the majority cost of my 12.9 Pro. I don't regret it. I'll be getting a cheap used MacBook soon to maintain the things I mentioned earlier and for the most part I do my homework at school before I go home. The apple keyboard is wonderful and I'm looking forward to becoming best friends with Apple Pencil and Procreate. Just thought I'd share my short experience thus far since I gained so much from everyone's input in other threads.

2. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Congrats on the purchase. The Smart Keyboard for the 12.9 is just amazing

3. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    You're going to love it. It's become my main computer and it is beyond fast, reliable and is so cool to watch movies and draw on.

Kal.

4. infernoguy macrumors regular

infernoguy

Try using Puffin for your flash needs on the web. Works great for web sites that need flash access and it works with iOS 9 multitasking.

5. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Interesting. So Puffin can handle any websites that would normally be an issue with the iPad?

6. infernoguy macrumors regular

infernoguy

Try the free version. Nothing to lose if it doesn't work out.

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Not always. Some Flash-based sites expect mouse input and does not play well with touch.

8. infernoguy macrumors regular

infernoguy

Puffin actually has a built in mouse pointer (plus trackpad) so that may help with stubborn sites.

9. gmillz22 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely impressed thus far. Getting the 12.9 does seem like a "shiny new toy" as opposed to getting another 9.7 but I really do enjoy the bigger device. Air 2 felt like a mini when I was packaging it up. Lol Thanks for the tip inferno guy. Will certainly give this a shot this evening.