iPad Pro Made the semi-Leap

geemiller05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
New York
Pondered for a couple of weeks if I could replace my MacBook with an iPad. I have a retina MacBook and an iPad Air 2. Today I scrolled through some threads and read up on people using the 12.9 more than the 9.7 when it comes to daily usage as a Mac substitute. Also saw the thread with people's amazing drawings done on iPad Pros. That was enough for me to commit to the transition this evening. I can safely say it cannot replace my MacBook for everything. College classes require flash for some internet homework assignments, I like to have iTunes back ups to manage devices as well as managing my large collection of music. However, I still sold both devices to cover the majority cost of my 12.9 Pro. I don't regret it. I'll be getting a cheap used MacBook soon to maintain the things I mentioned earlier and for the most part I do my homework at school before I go home. The apple keyboard is wonderful and I'm looking forward to becoming best friends with Apple Pencil and Procreate. Just thought I'd share my short experience thus far since I gained so much from everyone's input in other threads.

geemiller05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
New York
Try using Puffin for your flash needs on the web. Works great for web sites that need flash access and it works with iOS 9 multitasking.
Thanks everyone. I'm definitely impressed thus far. Getting the 12.9 does seem like a "shiny new toy" as opposed to getting another 9.7 but I really do enjoy the bigger device. Air 2 felt like a mini when I was packaging it up. Lol Thanks for the tip inferno guy. Will certainly give this a shot this evening.

Reactions: infernoguy