Made the switch! Thanks board!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by y2jimi, Aug 19, 2008.

1. y2jimi macrumors newbie

Hiya!

Long time lurker here! Made the switch to Mac a couple of weeks ago. I have to say that the info from y'all made the transition smoothly!

Been wanting to switch since 98, but the promise of Vista on a new computer made me finally make the leap - and I will never look back (except to run Money on the PC in the back room) ;)

Anyhoo, I be chatting later - just wanted to get a post out to say hey. If I start feeling like a n00b on anything, I'll know where to ask!

TTFN!

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Congrats! Don't be afraid to ask questions. Just make sure you ask before you assume that the Mac can't do it as many new switchers do. It takes a little bit of time to get used to something new, were happy to help. :)

4. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

Oh yeah, and make sure you use the search feature before asking question, or you might get yelled at a bit. :rolleyes:

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Welcome to Mac ownership and welcome to MacRumors:Forums! You'll find a lot of information both here and on the web. Here are a few resources that may be helpful:

Mac 101 a tour of the Mac OS X
    Apple Support search Apple Support and the Knowledge Base
    MRoogle for searching the forums with Google (always a good idea before posting new questions)
    How to set up a quick right-click search of the MR forums.
    MacRumors FAQ
    MacRumors Rules
    MacRumors Guides Very helpful stuff!
    A list of the MR Forums (so you'll know which forum is best to post a new question)
    Maximizing your MacRumors troubleshooting experience. (if you really need help, this is valuable to know!)
    Apple Find Out How
    Apple Keyboard Shortcuts
    You can find lists of essential applications here and here and here.

If you search the forums and don't find what you're looking for, just ask! There's lots of friendly help here! Enjoy your new Mac!

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Welcome to the world of Mac and welcome, too, to the forum. Congrats on your new computer (you didn't say which model; most switchers, self included, yell it from the rooftops). Like you, I was a longtime lurker (and reader) on this forum before I, too, switched last April. Enjoy the Mac, and give yourself time to adapt to the small but significant differences between the PC world and that of the Mac. Above all, don't be afraid to ask questions; that - among other reasons - is why the forum exists. Cheers and good luck.