Made the switch to Chrome

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Zerilos, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Because Safari is so unbelievably buggy on my iPad Air (and yet perfect on my iPhone 5) I have gone ahead and switched to Chrome. I don't even like the mobile version of Chrome, but I'm having serious stability and compatibility problems with the iPad version of iOS 7 Safari so I switched. Really hope Apple can make Safari a legit browser again, as I had been pleased with it for years.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

ok. i have zero issues with safari on my mini or iphone FWIW. i actually like it more on ios 7 than i ever did on ios 6.

3. SMELTN macrumors regular

SMELTN

Wait. I have an iPad air and have had 0 issues with safari. What kind of problems are u experiencing.

4. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

surprised the paid browsers aren't more popular. Atomic, icab and mercury are all better than safari and chrome.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

why? free is always a good choice. Easy for the masses to use something that comes free. The only other browser outside Safari that I use is Puffin for the flash and desktop function

6. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

iOS 7 Safari is really good, and I haven't had any stability issues with it. Safari is the fastest browser on iOS. Chrome is slightly slower.

7. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

no way.

8. LV426 macrumors 6502a

If it works without problems (and I'm not saying it does) Safari is the best browser on an Apple device for the great majority of users. Very little for the user to do to ensure that all bookmarks and favourites are synced across multiple devices, as are passwords, credit cards etc.

Some people have their own requirements and concerns. Good luck to them.