Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
Well I just ordered the new MBP (15" 2.2 with a few upgrades). I've never owned a mac before but after seeing the quality of a friends MBP, using several ipods, and planning on buying an iphone as soon as it comes out I decided to make the leap. Hope I love mine as much as everyone on here seems to love theres.

amusiccale

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Same with me - I'm switching out of a PC desktop; it's become too much to transport around and grad school is approaching. Whether I will spend much time/partition on OS X, we will wait and see, I suppose. Now all I need's a Firewire 800 external drive instead of this USB 2.0 beast :D

mikehokie

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2007
Fairfax, Virginia
Same with me - I'm switching out of a PC desktop; it's become too much to transport around and grad school is approaching. Whether I will spend much time/partition on OS X, we will wait and see, I suppose. Now all I need's a Firewire 800 external drive instead of this USB 2.0 beast :D

And guess what *drumroll*...

FREE iPod Nano with purchase of a MBP or any other Mac. Sorry education store only :(

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
Thanks all... I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions even as simple as the UI is supposed to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.