Made2Dock and iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by knemonic, Sep 17, 2012.

1. knemonic macrumors 6502a

So, I have a Made2Dock slant, and as of such, the the new connector will render this dock useless.

Any thoughts if you think there is a way around this? I already emailed Made2Dock and they said it will not work for the iPhone 5. Thought maybe someone has one and had found a way to make the new connector work in it.

2. janita macrumors member

I have two of the Made2Dock slants and have used them for a couple of years - great product. I don't have an answer as to how to adapt them to work with the iPhone 5 (which I have pre-ordered). The Made2Dock site does say they are working on a new one for the iPhone 5 and it should be ready in November.

3. knemonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bummer. Ya, I mean, I doubt there is a way to pull it off. I looked at the dock and noticed the cable is simply wedge in there, but I have no clue how the new cable will fit, if at all.

I thought about removing the rubber on the bottom to look inside, but not sure if it is worth it. I really like having the dock, but the cost of all these accessories becomes pricy, especially with the new dock connector.