Made2Dock Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Snowman3459, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Ok so I'm highly considering buying a Made2Dock...dock...but the aluminum look is a little eh to me. So my question to anyone who owns one of these, does the iPhone 4 (WITH BUMPER ATTACHED!) fit inside of the BLACK SLANT Dock-IN-Case? If so, what size does it fit in? Slim Case, No Case, or Thick Case?

2. nelly41 macrumors regular

The slant dock (regardless of color) will fit a phone with bumper attached. You can email the guy too. He's usually very quick to respond. I have the slant case from my days with the 3gs and it fits my iphone 4 with my griffin reveal case on.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, it will fit.
    Theres a thin and a thick case option dock to buy.
    The thin will fit the i4 with no case and with slim cases like bumpers, ifrogs etc...

4. nelly41 macrumors regular

Also a quote from the website themselves.

Made to fit the new iPhone 4 with no case or even while protected with the bumper.

5. dano31415 macrumors newbie

Here's the full story

I'm the guy that makes these docks, so I will try to shed some light on it.

The older docks were made using older generation cables. They work with the iPhone 4 with no problems if you are not using a bumper. The problem with using them with a bumper is that the 30-pin connector on the dock is now too wide. It measures 6.7mm wide. The bumper has a recess molded into it at the 30-pin connector location that is only 5.8mm wide. Therefore the connector cannot fully insert into the phone. Sometimes if you press it down tight you can get a decent connection, but it is not reliable. The new iPhone 4 docks we offer use a newer cable that will fit inside the recess of the bumper.

As for offering a black anodized dock that will work with the iPhone 4... it appears that we have found a cable manufacturer that can provide us with black cables that have the thinner 30-pin connector. However, it will take us several weeks until we can offer it as a standard product. I would expect to have it on the website in about another month.

Finally, at this time we cannot make any guarantees about fitting any case from a third party vendor. There are still a lot of new cases coming out on the market and we haven't been able to test many yet. So for now, the only available option is if you have no case or a bumper. Any case that covers the back of the phone will probably not fit. We hope to offer additional sizes in another month or two.

Thanks.

6. jgayman macrumors member

I just received my slant Made2Dock today and all I can say is SWEET! It fits my iPhone4 with Apple Bumper like a glove. I had been searching for a dock that worked with the Bumper and as soon as I saw this one I knew it was the one for me. Good job !!!

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Received my Made2Dock yesterday and I have to say I am VERY pleased with the quality of this product. I got the black slant model for use with my iPhone 4 with Incase Snap case installed and it fits perfectly.

I was pleasantly surprised at the heft of this dock. It is solid metal with a really nice black anodized finish. Looks great on my desk.

8. nd4speed macrumors member

I'm thinking about getting one of these (and I also have snap case on the way). Did you choose the bumper or slim size? Thanks.

9. esbensjensen macrumors newbie

I can't find any info of the dock containing an audio-out port. Is it possible/upcoming or something you considered? :)

10. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I got the slim size. Fits great. There is still a little space around the case between the dock so an even thicker case than the Snap would fit.