Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Enough Already!!!

AMEN!!! I thought I was in the wrong forum!!! Alright already...make a forum for imob and mafia I am sick of seeing this over and over and over and over and over...its ridiculous!!! Talk about advertising for illegal criminal organizations...some of the most disgusting ruthless murdering individuals in the world and its splattered all over this forum.

CONSOLIDATE ALREADY!!!

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Just report the thread or the appropriate post. If there is more than one post it's usually just as well to report the first one and note that there are more in that post.

The mods deal with them when they have time... and I'm guessing the mods are getting tired of fixing them so I'm guessing they have something in the works (although I have no more info than you do).

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Theres lots of kids in the app forum that seem to insist on making new threads all the time for an app that already has existing threads they could have used. That Zimm guy does it a hell of a lot..
It is irritating. I wish the mods could keep a closer eye on the app forum. Its getting pretty messy in there these days.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I'm willing to bet people will start posting in this thread asking people to join their group. That's what happened the last time someone made this exact thread.

That already happened in this thread. :)

We are aware of some of the issues in the App Store forum and are looking into ways to improve things. Please bear with us, and also help us by reporting things that are out of line...thanks.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Is part of the issue that some of these threads are for different Mafia games -- i.e. iMafia, Mafia Live, Mafia: R&R, etc? Or are pretty much all these threads about the same one? If so we can merge them.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
From what I have seen (and deleted :D) it is mainly one major thread per game but then people come and start posting other threads for the same purpose.

There are some other tangental threads talking about hints and tactics associated with each game but people tend to spam their codes there as well.

If you check out the main Mafia Live thread there are plenty of people who abuse it and post multiple times, I have seen at least one person triple post their code, with others posting anywhere from 1 (the good guys) - 30+ times. This is something I have been working on but to be honest it feels like I am trying to bail out the titanic.

It is a problem one the whole and also on the smaller details on just managing one thread as well.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Jesus, I'm getting really, REALLY sick of this Mafia ****. People who spam their friend codes should be introduced to the Ban Hamster ASAP.

I mean, seriously, who'd want to read/post in the App Store forum after seeing this?

And note the ******** of a poster in all those threads. Mods, you have easy access, he's right above this post.

The Ban Hamster is hungry. . . .

stupidmafia.png

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Temporary mafia ban?

Database query for top 20 posters ranked by number of posts containing 'mafia' and a warning / temporary ban for them? Top 50 posters ? :cool:

Time to bring in Eliot Ness.

Pardon my $0.02 of bootleg, I've never even heard of this game. Only aware of it cos of the number of threads about it on MR.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Yes, I also think that this is getting quite annoying. Maybe you should have to have 500 posts or something like that to post in the App Store forum. As to developers, they should have to contact a Mod to get permission to post in the App Store Thread, or something like that. This is almost as bad as the iPhone Nano Plague that we experienced a few months back.

Or maybe Arn could make another site that only deals with Mafia apps:D:p

Don

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Is it really that much of a problem now? We have put in place a quite strict policy with dealing with the major thread and it seems to be working. Yes we sometimes get a duplicate thread pop up however that is not like any other forum and major topic and these routinely get closed.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Is it really that much of a problem now? We have put in place a quite strict policy with dealing with the major thread and it seems to be working. Yes we sometimes get a duplicate thread pop up however that is not like any other forum and major topic and these routinely get closed.

It still seems to be an issue. Almost every time I go into the App Store forum, I notice that there are at least three or four threads regarding the Mafia apps. It's somewhat better then it was, but it's still an issue.

Don

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.