Mag Safe Out of Warranty Program

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pandap, Oct 12, 2010.

1. pandap macrumors newbie

Is it still on going? it was like 2 years ago..
    source: http://apcmag.com/apple_announces_magsafe_recall.htm

Anyways, I have had 5 Magsafe Chargers
    two 60W and three 85W
    of the three 85W, two of them are the older ones(rectangular and bigger) and one is square one that came with my 2009 unibody Macbook Pro 13"

I threw away one of the 60W one when it first broke(the original one that came with my 2006 MacBook

So I have 4 left. one 60W and three 85W

Now today I realized the 60W and another 85W(rectangular) have broke down. With the 60W completely dead while the 85W is almost dead(plug it in and 80% of the time it will say Not Charging but plugged in, wiggle it a bit and the LED flashes and 19% of the time it will show as not connected or in the very rare case (the remaining 1% it will charge my MBP))

So i was wondering is recall program still ongoing and can i take it to the apple store?

2. mr0c macrumors regular

mr0c

try cleaning the mag safe connectors ... I've had the green light not go green when charging and a clean of the connectors made it work again.

If you still have apple care take it into a store and show them, I've had mine recently replaced - along with the battery, which was under 50% and failed their tests.