Mag Safe Question......

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fab5freddy, May 27, 2007.

1. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

On my Mag Safe Power Supply on my MacBook Pro 15", the green light goes out after a while....?

i wonder why.....? maybe this is because it is fully charged...?

Does anyone out there take the battery out, while using your macbook pro for Home Usage ?? thanks for any replies! FF

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

mine stays lit green even when fully charged. you can take out the battery if you're plugged all the time but know that your processors will cycle down to 1ghz as long as the battery is out.

3. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure that taking the battery out while using your computer plugged in is bad for the machine.

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

It's not, it just lowers the clock speed... which considering how hot my computer is going to get this summer, that might be a good idea.;)

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Taking the battery out doesn't hurt the computer, it just opens the computer up to more risk, I.e. if it gets knocked on the ground or if the power chord gets knocked out then you are more open to damage.

If the green light goes out, it could be something wrong with the l.e.d., does the computer still stay charging or does it switch to battery???

6. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

My MBP does the same thing while charging, where the light will go out on the power adapter either when its charging or fully charged. I'm thinking that I might need to buy a new power adapter... On the subject of taking the battery out while using it. I do not take mine out because it has a tendency where the laptop will want to flip over backwards without the weight of the battery in the bottom of the laptop and I really don't want a damaged machine from that problem. Also, I agree with others that it's not good if the cord comes unplugged and it shuts down abruptly without being shut down the correct way.

7. akram macrumors newbie

i thought i was the only one experiencing this problem. i dont know whats wrong, it just doesn't stay lit...whether its fully charged or not. i wonder if its covered under applecare? should i even bother?

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I got my charger replaced (the wire melted!), and both the old and new one's lights go out :)