Mag-Safe whistling noise problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NSK123, Mar 13, 2009.

1. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

I just got my 2.0ghz Alu Macbook a few days ago and everything works perfectly well, the thing is that after day one the magsafe started to emit a low pitched electrical whistling noise. It tends to be there a few minutes after booting into the OS and then it turns down to almost unhearable, but I experienced it returning after a few hours of use and then disappearing again. If I move close to the escape key I can hear a crackling noise emitting from the magsafe.
    I'm not trying to be overly nitpicky or anything but I read somewhere that if it's doing that it would be a faulty Mag-Safe board or something.

Does any one you guys know anything about this? I have the 14 days to return it as I bought it online from the Apple Store so if it's a faulty part that might die/break/ cause problems later I might have to.

2. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

I would just take it to the Apple Store, you could probably get a new whole notebook (if you push) since you're in the 14 days, or a new magsafe.

3. NSK123 thread starter macrumors regular

NSK123

we dont exactly have the great macstores in sweden as they do in the US so a switch would be out of the question and a repair would require me to BEG.. Literally.

anyways I would have to return it and order a new one if somethings wrong, just wanted to start the thread and ask if a buzzing/crackling noise comming from the magsafe is normal or not