magazines on the new ipad

AntonisCy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
has anyone noticed that magazines like engadget's distro (that has been updated for the retina display) dont feel as smooth as the older ipad when changing pages? you get this half a second of a "jerk" and then the pages change

i dont have any other magazine at the moment and i was wondering if this is a problem of the distro app or of this is a universal problem with all mags?

j.leson

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2010
has anyone noticed that magazines like engadget's distro (that has been updated for the retina display) dont feel as smooth as the older ipad when changing pages? you get this half a second of a "jerk" and then the pages change

i dont have any other magazine at the moment and i was wondering if this is a problem of the distro app or of this is a universal problem with all mags?
I noticed this as well on the Engadget distro. =\

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
If you didn't have any other problems with any other magazines then why did you so inconspicuously name this thread?

I havn't noticed any issues with the updated Distro mag FWIW.

gameboy213

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I am a happy camper now that the Zinio app has been updated. The magazines look pretty great to me there.

Distro looks really nice to me as well.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
ipad 3 retina edition of distro works fine for you? no jerking when changing pages?
Ahhh I didn't notice it as a jerk, it's a millisecond if that when it loads the next page. It doesn't really bother me though. I thought you mean if pages jerked in loading i.e. prolonged jerkiness across the screen.