Magellan premium Car kit with IPOD TOUCH

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hmbk, Sep 1, 2010.

1. hmbk macrumors newbie

Hello every one..

I recently bought Magellan premium car kit to use it with my ipod touch..
    >> To people who don't know what is Magellan Premium car kit::
    To people who used it or have any idea.. does it work with the ipod touch?
    because i tried to make pairing with bluetooth but my ipod didn't recognize the device..

BTW, i am using TOMTOM application not magellan...

so what should i do??

Does it need bluetooth pairing?? or just put my ipod on the device and wait for the signal.. because i waited too much!

Thanks and regards

2. IBlopU macrumors newbie

Hey,

I found this video to be useful. Maybe it will help your problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27TZAEvZ928

3. maggie-macrumor macrumors regular

maggie-macrumor

Hey Hmbk,

We are currently testing and looking into it. Just curious, why do you want to connect your ipod touch and the car kit through bluetooth :confused:? As soon as the results come back I'll get back to you as soon as possible :)

- Maggie

4. CTYankee macrumors 6502

Read that as:

We are currently not testing and nor looking into it. ... As soon as the results we aren't collecting don't come back I'll ignore you :)

Why do I say that? Just look at these forums.

Magellan has promised an AUX fix for the car kit back in February. Maggie even went so far as to say engineers were working day and night to get it done. Is there one? No. Do they even comment on this anymore? No. When asked point blank the response is silence.

An update to the software for OS4 was due in a few weeks back in July. The Facebook page kept saying just a few more weeks. It is now September (SEPTEMBER!! and they sstill don't have an OS4 version!?!). Is it done? No.

This maggie persona is nothing more than a schill for Magellan that will feed you lines (lies?) to make you happy for the moment, buying time or just hoping you go away. Don't expect any real service or help. The history on this site and Facebook is basically one of misinformation and false promises.

5. CTYankee macrumors 6502