Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kozz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Any intel on an updated Magic Keyboard coming? Debating about getting one…

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
There’s rumors of a new iPad Pro coming with four pins which could potentially mean a new Magic Keyboard.. but that’s all speculation.

Reactions: jazz1

kozz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Well I broke down and got one to try out have 30 days so I can also watch the rumors heck I may just give it an hood 25 day run, return wait until October event and buy again if not updated. I must say it’s odd holding the iPad with out a case seems so small if that makes sense.

kozz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Well I have determined that I actually prefer the Magic Keyboard...so now the wait begins to see if there is an update...

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
So, when you say Magic Keyboard are you talking about the Magic Keyboard, or are you talking about the over priced Magic Keyboard case ?

I’ve been using a regular MK with my iPad pros for years. Bought one and a semi-hard case for the the keyboard ($12, Amazon) to use for travel. My wife stole it, now I’m using an old AA battery MK. They are the same width as the 12.9” iPad Pros.

kozz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
The over priced iPad one. I actually have come to like it after testing one out for a bit…

chevyboy60013

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
I have the magic keyboard case that people think is overpriced. So far I absolutely love it, no reason at all to put fingerprints on the screen any more, has the track pad and back lit keys, plus looks cool with the iPad Pro like just hovering in the air.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I have the magic keyboard case that people think is overpriced. So far I absolutely love it, no reason at all to put fingerprints on the screen any more, has the track pad and back lit keys, plus looks cool with the iPad Pro like just hovering in the air.
I have mixed experience. Mine has been very useful and I really love it. It’s perfect match with the iPP 11” and my needs (writing and do simple office stuff on the road). I also bought for my daughter; she used rarely and she just preferred to use her old MBA. So, for some people, it was worth the money, while for others it’s not the case.

Reactions: chevyboy60013

chevyboy60013

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
Sounds like pretty much anything. Before I got my 3rd generation 11 inch iPad Pro which has the m1 chip, I never thought I could use an iPad for pretty much 99% of my work, always used them basically to be on forums, personal email, texting, and shopping during working hours and my MacBook Air for actual work. Now with the m1 chip, I can do most of what I am willing to do for a job with it alone.

Reactions: outlawarth
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.